Thursday, September 9, 2010

It Runs in the Family...

J started wearing glasses on the 18th August 2010 (age 5).
He's doing fine so far. No complains, no battle and haven't misplace it yet! LOL...

I advised his form teacher few days before hand and ask that she makes sure the other kids don't laugh at him or say silly things that will discourage him from wearing.


Other ways to help:
  • I talked to J about wearing glasses. I let him know that its okay to wear glasses and that he looks cool (it helps that both L and I are wearing glasses too)
  • Showed him how to wipe the lenses, how to put on and remove his glasses  
  • It helps that his favourite cartoon like Scooby-Doo character Velma wears glasses, Chicken Little and Harry Potter.
  • I also tell him to keep them in his case when he's out playing with friends, but put them back on when he's back in class.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanx for dropping by!