Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wine Testing

Last week, I was invited to attend a Wine Testing Expo organised by Hancocks Wine & Spirit Merchants with a friend and because I'm still in my detox mode I was happy to be the sober driver while my friend enjoyed all the wine she wants.

I do enjoy occasional drinks with good company, nice music, some food and laughs.

The Wine Testing Expo was held at Mt. Eden Rugby Park. It was good to be early, we get to check out all the stand before it gets crowded.

This is the real deal! Champagne from France, not just any sparkling wine that get us bad headache the next day...LOL!

Then there's this Jack Daniel's in limited edition 'black' bottle for its 160th birthday.

Chambord is inspired by a unique raspberry liqueur produced in the Loire Valley of France during the late 17th Century and was introduced to King Louis XIV upon his visit to Chateau de Chambord. Chambord continues to be made in the same 300-year old tradition with only the freshest and finest black raspberries, Madagascar vanilla, Moroccan citrus peel, honey and Cognac. Chambord's versatility lends itself to be enjoyed in cocktails, neat or with Champagne. Chambord readily transforms the ordinary drinks occasion into an extraordinary experience.
They also have this Chambord Royale Deluxe - Old and new bottling all ready for the coming Christmas.

Serious wine tester will spit their wine in this kind of bucket after gargling their wine in their mouth. If I was to test that day, heck, it would go down straight my throat! LOL


They also provided some food that goes well with wine...cheese, cracker, nuts and fruits. I had an apple and a bottle of Samoan Artesian Water 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for dropping by!