Monday, July 12, 2010

Winter

It's been really cold these few days and it's the time of year where nobody likes opening mail from the electric company! Houses in Auckland are so differently built that during winter, we need to wear jacket/jumper indoor, whereas when we lived in Zuerich, Switzerland, we could be nude indoor while it's snowing outdoor! (Hahahaa...well... not that we did it!)

We've pink bates put up last year but heaters are still running every night especially in J's room as cold could trigger his asthma.

It's also time to dig out my boots, thermal, gloves and thick socks. As for the summer clothes...I'll see you in a few months time.

During this cold, winter, flu season, I would stock up on onions and when there's sign of flu or sore throat or any early sign of sickness, I will cut one onion in half and put 1 in the bedroom and the other half in the living room (which ever room we spend time the most). 

I'm sure you all know the benefits of onions. I've tried it few times and I'm happy with the results. It usually stops the flu from spreading around. Give it a try. More onions and less medicine = happy family. Hahahahaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for dropping by!