Saturday, October 30, 2010

Playball

Over the school holidays, we enrolled J with Kumeu Indoor Sports Centre School Holiday Programme twice a week. They taught him soccer, dodge ball, netball, cricket and t-ball (something like baseball/softball, from what J told me..) The idea was to introduce variety of sports to him and get him active.


The Centre is neat, clean and kid friendly AND they also cater for birthday parties! I'm already thinking where to hold J's 6th birthday party (which is in April), so I'm putting it down on my list. I'm always on the look out for new venues for gatherings and parties!


Outdoor playground & eating area

While I was waiting for J, I had the opportunity to chat with Rebecca, who is the Manager of Playball.

Playball is an Educational Sport Programme and has been around in New Zealand for 4.5 years.
I liked the fact that at Playball, J is introduced the basic of common sports like tennis, soccer, cricket, hockey...and he is also taught to listen to instructions, taking turns and trying out different things and learning about his body movement and ability.

Playball is suitable for children between the ages of two and nine.

Coach Keith watching J closely


Playball
Rebecca - 021-530 260 

Kumeu Indoor Sports Centre
250C Main Road,
Kumeu
Harriet: 021-228 8483
Craig: 021-228 8482


1 comment:

  1. NO need to attend this.
    Just play Nintendo Wii Sports games.
    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for dropping by!