Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lunch @ Coromandel Town

After a nice soak at The Lost Spring, we headed North to Coromandel Town. There, we had our lunch. As usual, we didn't know where to eat, what to eat. So, we walked around the town. Coromandel is a really small town and we found just the place to eat. 'Coromandel Takeaways'

When I was looking through the menu board, one of the name struck me. 'Da Whopper Burger'. I remember seeing this name on the TV something to do with Burger King not happy with them using the name Whopper but the communities didn't want to change the whole name and mentioned Da Whopper Burger is the best burger. So, we gave it a try.

Dad ordered Fish n Chips (yeah...alot of fish n chips this trip..) The batter wasn't too oily, the fish was fresh and the chips was salt-less (L always order salt-less chips for J) and they provide small sachets of salt on the counter for you to put your own salt which I think is a good thing to eat less salt. I've never come across any fast-food outlet like that.

Husband ordered Da Whopper Burger with double beef patty, bacon, mushroom, egg & cheese - $10.50 and he said it's alright. I took a bite too and I think it was tasty (I don't usually eat beef burger, I usually order either chicken or fish)

Behind is J eating his (super unhealthy) fried sausage with chips and cinnamon donut as dessert. We should have ordered the kid's burger meal...but oh well...there's always another trip. LOL...

I had the Maddie Burger with real chicken schnitzel, ham, cheese & pineapple - $9.- and I tell you...it's the BEST chicken burger I've ever eaten!! I liked the crispy chicken schnitzel and the pineapple in it makes the taste unique and slightly sweet.

I'll drive there again (when I have the time) and this time I'm going to try the Trent Burger.
Yummy! I miss the burger already...LOL

Coromandel Takeaways
124 Wharf Road
Coromandel
07-866 8438

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm almost licked my screen looking at that burger haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have the chance to drive up to Coromandel...I think you should try one of their burger(s). The more I looked at it, the more I miss it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, fish and chips! my favourite. Hey babi, what are you eating?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then you'll love this fish n chips!! We can go again when you're here! But make it quick...can't wait too long...

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for dropping by!