Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How to Encourage a Boy to Read

We as parents, constantly worried about our children. Are they eating well, how are they coping in school, are they mixing well in class, on and on and on...
I am worried that my five year old boy is not reading well as he's not showing much interest in reading. So, I bought these Scooby-Doo Picture Clue Book (level 1) for him (he likes anything monster, ghost, vampire & mystery)
I think it's fun, easy and entertaining. J recognizes some key words and with the help of the pictures, he's keen to read (at least he's trying-that's the whole idea, to get him interested in books)
I got a really good bargain from the Scholastic flyer he brought back from school. I just fill out the order form together with credit card details and return it to his school. 10 books for $128.89 $39.-
I'm planing to get more books from Scholastic-hopefully a Spiderman, Ben10 or Buzz Lightyear to keep my busy little man reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for dropping by!