Friday, June 18, 2010

Burning Calories While Sitting Down?

The other day, I read an article about How to Burn Calories While Sitting Down! Wow...this is the best thing I've heard this week. So, from now on, I'll be doing this when sitting down:

  • Keep my mind busy. Concentration, thinking and planing can burn more calories than an ideal mind.
  • Chew a sugar free gum coz this simple activity can help me burn 11 calories per hour. (I'll be stocking up on sugar free gum!)
  • Laugh and tell jokes while sitting down. Watch funny movie or American's Funniest Video. 10-15 mins of laughing can burn up to 50 calories.
  • Do simple stretching exercise like rotating my hands, neck exercise and some leg stretch.
Conclusion, I'll be fidgeting more now while I'm sitting down. Keep moving! even when sitting down!
(picture above, taken from the web)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for dropping by!